The primary objective of the coursework is to facilitate integrative learning, so that graduates are able to walk into professional roles with ease and play a vital role both at the operational and strategic levels in their jobs. Furthermore, the course allow the students to specialize in domains such as Financial Inclusion, Health Education, Livelihood Enhancement Skills and Entrepreneurship and Natural Resource Management.
Objectives of the Program
- Critical thinking, active engagement with multiple stakeholders, and lateral thinking that allows students to think practically and strategically. .
- Foundational managerial skills associated with development praxis, ideally for all sectors (government, civil society sector, and private sector); and more specifically, those skills relevant for the specializations that the students choose.
- Strong fieldwork and organizational skills based on off campus learning experiences so that once they graduate, students can hit the ground running.
Key Thrust Areas:
The course is positioned to cater to the needs of a rapidly transforming India where developmental challenges are not limited to rural areas; indeed, the rural-urban continuum has made it virtually impossible to speak of rural or urban spaces in isolation.
This program aims at preparing professionals for a challenging career in public, private sectors, NGOs, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), national and multinational organizations that are committed to erasing rural-urban inequities by promoting "rurban" infrastructure and amenities that emphasize a growing confluence of cities and the countryside. Hence the program outcomes (POs) for MBA-Rural Management two years’ full-time course are as follows:
- Impart strong conceptual and an analytical framework on rural development issues in the students.
- Opportunity to work in rural enterprises in form of policy makers, managers, analysts, and consultants for hands on training on operational and program efficiency
- increasing demands of national and international development organizations
- Commitment to work in rural areas as it requires resilience, perseverance, emotional, and; social intelligence and courage of conviction.
Structure of the Program (Duration: Two years)
The Introductory Courses are non-credit courses
- Essentials of Computers and Information Technology
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Human Process Lab
Core Courses: Term 1 and Term 2
- Principles of Management
- Rural and Rurban Society
- Gender and Development
- Basic Services and Entitlements
- Organizational Behaviors
- Essentials of Economics
- Financial Management
- Legal Environment
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Public Governance and Systems Management
- Rural Marketing
- Managerial Analysis and Communication
- Quantitative Analysis
- Understanding a Development Organization
Field Work Segment 1
Experiencing Rural Realities: Two weeks of Immersion.
Field Work Segment 2
Summer Training with an organization two months.
Core Courses: Term-3
- Production and Operations Management
- Rural Finance and Banking
- ICT in Rural Development
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Data Management and Analysis
- Understanding Water Systems: Aquifers, Rivers and Ponds
- Watershed Management and PIM
- Participatory Ground Water Management
- Rural Health and WASH
- Regenerating Grasslands and Pastures
- Research Methods
- Field Learning/ Practice (6 weeks)
- Farm Based Livelihoods: Dryland Farming, NPM & Value Chains
- Forest Based Livelihoods
- Off Farm Livelihoods: Pastoralism & Livestock Management
- Non-farm Livelihoods: Skills Enterprises and Markets
- SHGs, FPOs and Livelihoods
- Livelihood Entitlements and Advocacy
- Field Learning/ Practice (6 weeks)
Term-4 and 5 Applied Sectoral Understanding
Natural Resources Management
Livelihoods, Skills and Enterprises
Unique Features of MBA Rural Management
- Focus on Field/Applied Learning and Practice (More that 40% of total course)
- Pedagogy: A blend of Academic rigor and Practitioner / Industry Interface
Dissertation and Internship
Each student is required to submit a dissertation involving personal research in his/her area of interest. The dissertation includes a critical review of literature pertaining to the specific area of interest, data collection and analysis on the selected problem. The dissertation must be completed in the second year to qualify for the degree.
- Any recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/IIHMR-U MAT score.
- For candidates who do not have CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/ XAT/GMAT scores but wish to apply for MBA Rural Management, IIHMR University will conduct IIHMR-U MAT at IIHMR University Jaipur on the below dates-
- March 01, 2019
- March 29, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- May 11, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- GD/PI for qualified candidates will be conducted on the same day.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the bachelor’s degree program or awaiting results of their final year examination in 2019 may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be given provisional admission. They will be required to produce evidence of their graduation within two months of the start of the session.
- Working professionals with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
The eligible candidates will be invited for Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in the qualifying examination, score in CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/IIHMR-U MAT, Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) as under: -
|CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT IIHMR-U MAT||25|
|Qualification (Graduation Marks)||20|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP)||10|
|Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities||05|
|Two Letters of Recommendation (LOR)||05|
Candidates are required to bring their original documents at the time of GD/PI.
Submission of Application
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBA Rural Management program may apply online or download the application form from our website: www.iihmr.edu.in
Duly completed application forms with all supporting documents may be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of ’IIHMR University’, payable at Jaipur and all the documents in support of eligibility.
An application will be considered only when it is received with all documents and the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable