Abstract of Dissertation

Keyword : Healthcare Setting; Feasibility Stuey; Market Assessment

Objective : This research is carried to study the following objectives: To assess the existing Market for identifying the possibility and viability of a new Hospital set up in Nigdi Pimpri · To assess the business potential for the venture. · To suggest best possible service & facility mix for the for a win-win situation for everybody

Background : Today in India 80% of hospitals are owned by private sector whereas remaining 20% by Government sector. Indian Government spends 4.2% of its GDP on Health. Doctors per 1000 population (0.47 per 1000) as well as Hospitals beds per 1000 population (0.9 per 1000) is less than that of WHO recommendation (3.3per 1000). The purpose of the study is to assess the current healthcare market and analysis whether the existing Market of Healthcare Sector is feasible for setting an upcoming 40 bedded Hospital in Nigdi in Pimpri Chinchwad area of Pune district & to assess the Business Potential for the venture for the same. Also, to suggest best possible Healthcare Service Model in order to achieve win-win situation for everyone as well as to find out PCMC population trends and demographics as well as health care access and health care quality. There is a wide scope to come up with Multispecialty Hospital for secondary as well as for Tertiary Healthcare centre. The hospital has a huge potential for Cardiac, Ortho, and Oncology at present because presently other Healthcare service providers are catering only for OBGY, Medicine and Eye in Nigdi Pune. Research Question: The aim of the study was to determine the feasibility of an upcoming 40 bedded Hospital in Nigdi Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune

Methodology : Study of Primary and Secondary catchment areas ï‚· Primary data (according to the catchment area defined) ï‚· Secondary Data · WHO Health Report · Magazines · Journals · Books · Hospital's website Method and Sampling 10 Multi specialty Hospitals of the city 15 Doctors Questionnaire. · Personnel interaction with Administration of the hospital Study locations study is conducted in pimpri Chinchwad on Last week of April

Recommendations : On assessment, a 50-bedded multispecialty hospital is recommended with thrust area on interventional cardiology, nephrology, urology, and MIS. with cath lab.