Objectives of the Program
The broad objective of the program is to build knowledge and skills to facilitate high performance as effective professionals in health and hospital systems, both in the public and private sectors. The syllabus and course content are designed keeping in mind the current requirements of the healthcare industry. The objectives are as under:
- To develop skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations.
- To enhance decision making and administrative competence of the students to enable them to face challenges of the healthcare industry.
- To participate and contribute to the formulation of public health policies.
- To promote knowledge through applied and conceptual research relevant to management and to disseminate this knowledge through publications.
- To collaborate with other institutions in India and abroad for furtherance of professional exposure.
- Management education towards institution building in a meaningful manner.
- Understanding of the latest concepts and techniques of management and their application in making the managerial roles of the participants efficient and effective.
- Capability of analyzing, diagnosing and solving operational problems in the delivery of healthcare and hospital services.
- Adeptness of appropriate strategies for effective planning, implementation and evaluation of institutional and community based health and family welfare program.
- Wisdom for using the application of qualitative and quantitative analytical tools as applicable to health and hospital management related problems.
- Capacity to understand and appreciate methodologies of health/hospital management training and develop skills with focus on strategic responsibility for training and human resource development for health care delivery.
- Broadening the outlook and vision of participants about the larger background and context of health care and health management in their historical, sociological and cultural framework.
- Logistics expertise to promote the efficient and equitable allocation of resources and development of strategies to promote public health and cost-effective healthcare.
- Financial aptness in use of application of scientific approach to reduce cost of care through better material and money management.
Structure of the Program (Duration: Two years)
MBA Hospital and Health Management is a two year program. All the introductory and core courses are common to all the streams.The second year is for specialized courses relevant to that stream. The course design is as under.
First Year (Common to both Streams)
Core Courses: Term 1 and Term 2
- Health and Development
- Principles of Management
- Health Policy and Health Care Delivery System
- Essentials of Epidemiology
- Essentials of Demography
- Organization Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Essentials of Hospital Service
- Human Resource Management
- Essentials of Health Economics and Financing
- Financial Management
- Communication Planning and Management
- Research Methods
- Self Awareness and Mindfulness for Managers
Each student is required to work with an organization, on a project, for a period of eight weeks at the end of the first year. The objective is to allow students an intense day-to-day interaction with organizations. Summer Training provides students exposure to the working of an origination in real time. It also helps students to develop managerial skills, competencies and facilitate an informed career choice by the students. Performance of the students during summer training is assessed by way of report from the institution and poster presentation.
In the second year, the students are required to opt for Hospital or Health Management. The stream is allotted before the summer training on the basis of merit in the first year, aptitude and individual preference. The following specialized courses are offered in the respective streams:
For both the above streams, each student will have to choose one elective course, submit dissertation and successfully complete internship at the end of second year.
Electives are offered depending on current industry needs, students' requirements and their interest.
Dissertation and Internship
Each student is required to submit a dissertation involving primary research in his/her area of interest. The dissertation includes a critical review of literature pertaining to the specific area of interest, data collection and analysis on the selected problem. The dissertation must be completed in the second year to qualify for the degree.
Scholarships for Financial Assistance (For Second Year students)
Total number of scholarships available: 10
The IIHMR University, Jaipur also considers it appropriate to provide financial aid to merit holders as well as needy students. This scholarship which will be equivalent to 30% of the second year tuition fee will be granted to each student on need-cum-merit basis. The following broad criteria will be considered for selection of such financial assistance:
a) If a student is an orphan or the bread earner in her/his family is dead and or does not have any financial income to support her/his studies, she/he will be awarded this scholarship on first priority provided that she/he maintains good conduct and secures more than 60 % aggregate marks or equivalent grades in the examinations held by the University.
b) If the number of applicants is more than the number of scholarships available, the committee constituted for this purpose will examine the income certificates and educational performance at the University. It is essential for all such applicants to obtain more than 60% aggregate marks in the examinations held by the University.
c) Scholarship Selection Committee: The President of the IIHMR University will constitute a selection committee for the evaluation and selection of students for scholarships/fellowships. The Selection Committee will ensure that the criteria and the spirit of the policy are adhered to.
d) Applications for applying for the grant of scholarship for financial assistance: The students of the University may apply (format enclosed) with requisite details to the Registrar every year by August, 31. The application should be in the prescribed format along with all requisite supporting documents and papers. The selection will be made by the Selection Committee to be formed for this purpose. The recommendations of the Committee will be sent to the President for approval.
e) The amount of scholarship for financial assistance will be adjusted against the payable tuition fee and will not be disbursed directly to the student.
f) Each applicant will be eligible to receive only one of the tuition fee waivers or financial assistance scholarships.
- Any recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT score
For candidates who do not have CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ scores but wish to apply for MBA Hospital and Helath Management, IIHMR University will conduct IIHMR-U MAT at IIHMR University Jaipur on the below dates-
Last Date to Apply: 15 February,2020
IIHMR-U MAT : 2 March, 2020
GD/PI Dates: 3 March, 2020
Last Date to Apply: 10 April,2020
IIHMR-U MAT : 27 April, 2020
GD/PI Dates: 28 April, 2020
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the bachelor’s degree program or awaiting results of their final year examination in 2020 may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be given provisional admission. They will be required to produce evidence of their graduation within two months of the start of the session
- Working professionals with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
The eligible candidates will be invited for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in the qualifying examination, score in CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT , Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) as under:
|CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT score||30|
|Qualification (Graduation Marks)||20|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP)||10|
|Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities||05|
Candidates are required to bring their original documents at the time of GD/PI.
Submission of Application
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBA Hospital and Health Management program may apply online or download the application form from our website: www.iihmr.edu.in
Duly completed application forms with all supporting documents may be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of “IIHMR University”, payable at Jaipur and all the documents in support of eligibility.
An application will be considered only when it is received with all documents and the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.