The University builds achievers through the program. Our students have brought laurels in many inter-campus and national competitions in academic and non-academic activities. They have presented papers in conferences organized by the University, other institutions and have published their papers and won prestigious international scholarships. The University also encourages students to take up entrepreneurship.
Objectives of the Program
The broad objective of the program is to build knowledge and skills to facilitate high performance as effective professionals in health and hospital systems, both in the public and private sectors. The syllabus and course content are designed keeping in mind the current requirements of the healthcare industry. The objectives are as under:
- To develop skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations.
- To enhance decision making and administrative competence of the students to enable them to face challenges of the healthcare industry.
- To participate and contribute to the formulation of public health policies.
- To promote knowledge through applied and conceptual research relevant to management and to disseminate this knowledge through publications.
- To collaborate with other institutions in India and abroad for furtherance of professional exposure.
- Management education towards institution building in a meaningful manner.
- Understanding of the latest concepts and techniques of management and their application in making the managerial roles of the participants efficient and effective.
- Capability of analyzing, diagnosing and solving operational problems in the delivery of healthcare and hospital services.
- Adeptness of appropriate strategies for effective planning, implementation and evaluation of institutional and community based health and family welfare program.
- Wisdom for using the application of qualitative and quantitative analytical tools as applicable to health and hospital management related problems.
- Capacity to understand and appreciate methodologies of health/hospital management training and develop skills with focus on strategic responsibility for training and human resource development for health care delivery.
- Broadening the outlook and vision of participants about the larger background and context of health care and health management in their historical, sociological and cultural framework.
- Logistics expertise to promote the efficient and equitable allocation of resources and development of strategies to promote public health and cost-effective healthcare.
- Financial aptness in use of application of scientific approach to reduce cost of care through better material and money management.
Structure of the Program (Duration: Two years)
MBA Hospital and Health Management is a two year program. All the introductory and core courses are common to all the streams.The second year is for specialized courses relevant to that stream. The course design is as under.
First Year (Common to both Streams)
The Introductory Courses are non-credit courses
- Essentials of Computers and Information Technology
- Human Process Lab
- Written and Verbal Communication
Core Courses: Term 1 and Term 2
- Health and Development
- Principles of Management
- Health Policy and Health Care Delivery System
- Essentials of Epidemiology
- Essentials of Demography
- Organization Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Essentials of Hospital Service
- Human Resource Management
- Essentials of Health Economics and Financing
- Financial Management
- Communication Planning and Management
- Research Methods
Each student is required to work with an organization, on a project, for a period of eight weeks at the end of the first year. The objective is to allow students an intense day-to-day interaction with organizations. Summer Training provides students exposure to the working of an origination in real time. It also helps students to develop managerial skills, competencies and facilitate an informed career choice by the students. Performance of the students during summer training is assessed by way of report from the institution and poster presentation.
In the second year, the students are required to opt for Hospital or Health Management. The stream is allotted before the summer training on the basis of merit in the first year, aptitude and individual preference. The following specialized courses are offered in the respective streams:
For both the above streams, each student will have to choose one elective course, submit dissertation and successfully complete internship at the end of second year.
Electives are offered depending on current industry needs, students' requirements and their interest.
Dissertation and Internship
Each student is required to submit a dissertation involving primary research in his/her area of interest. The dissertation includes a critical review of literature pertaining to the specific area of interest, data collection and analysis on the selected problem. The dissertation must be completed in the second year to qualify for the degree.
- Any recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/IIHMR-U MAT score.
- For candidates who do not have CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT scores but wish to apply for admission to MBA Hospital and Health Management, IIHMR University will conduct IIHMR-U MAT at IIHMR University Jaipur on the below dates-
- March 01, 2019
- March 29, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- May 11, 2019
- GD/PI for qualified candidates will be conducted on the same day.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the bachelor’s degree program or awaiting results of their final year examination in 2019 may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be given provisional admission. They will be required to produce evidence of their graduation within two months of the start of the session.
- Working professionals with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
The eligible candidates will be invited for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in the qualifying examination, score in CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/IIHMR-U MAT, Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) as under:
|CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT||25|
|Qualification (Graduation Marks)||20|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP)||10|
|Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities||05|
|Two Letters of Recommendation (LOR)||05|
Candidates are required to bring their original documents at the time of GD/PI.
Submission of Application
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBA Hospital and Health Management program may apply online or download the application form from our website: www.iihmr.edu.in
Duly completed application forms with all supporting documents may be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of “IIHMR University”, payable at Jaipur and all the documents in support of eligibility.
An application will be considered only when it is received with all documents and the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.