Objectives of the Program
The broad objectives of the program are to build knowledge and skills, to facilitate high performance and effective professionals in health and hospital systems, both in the public and private sectors. The syllabus and course content are designed and upgraded with the current requirements the healthcare industry. The objectives are as follows:
- To develop skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations.
- To enhance decision making and administrative competence of the students, to enable them to face challenges in the healthcare industry.
- To participate and contribute to the formulation of public health policies.
- To promote knowledge through applied and conceptual research relevant to management and to disseminate this knowledge through publications.
- To collaborate with other institutions in India and abroad for the furtherance of professional exposure.
- Management education towards institution building in a meaningful manner.
- Understanding of the latest concepts and techniques of management and their application in making the managerial roles of the participants efficient and effective.
- The capability of analyzing, and solving operational problems in the delivery of healthcare and hospital services.
- The adeptness of appropriate strategies for effective planning, implementing, and evaluation of institutional and community-based health and family welfare programs.
- Acumen for using the application of qualitative and quantitative analytical tools, as applicable to health and hospital management related problems.
- Capacity to understand and appreciate methodologies of health/hospital management training and develop skills with a focus on strategic responsibility for training and imparting human resource development in the health care industry.
- Expanding the vision of participants, about the wider background in the context of health care and health management in their historical, sociological and cultural framework.
- Logistics expertise to promote the efficient and equitable allocation of resources, and development of strategies, to promote public health and cost-effective healthcare.
- Financial aptness in the use of application of a scientific approach in reducing the cost of care through better material and money management.
Structure of the Program (Duration: Two years)
MBA in Hospital and Health Management is a two-year program. All the introductory and core courses are common to all streams. The second-year is for specialized courses pertaining to that stream. The course design is as follows:
First Year (Common to both Streams)
Core Courses: Term 1 and Term 2
- Health and Development
- Principles of Management
- Health Policy and Health Care Delivery System
- Essentials of Epidemiology
- Essentials of Demography
- Organization Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Essentials of Hospital Service
- Human Resource Management
- Essentials of Health Economics and Financing
- Financial Management
- Communication Planning and Management
- Research Methods
- Self-Awareness and Mindfulness for Managers
Each student is required to work with an organization on a project, for a period of eight weeks at the end of the first year. The objective is to allow students, with an intense day-to-day interaction with organizations. Summer Training give exposure to the students and prepare them to enter in the professional arena . It also helps student to develop managerial skills, competencies and facilitate career of their choice. The Performance of the students during summer training is assessed by the way of a report from the institution and poster presentation.
In the second year, the students are required to opt for Hospital or Health Management. The stream is allotted before the summer training based on merit, aptitude and individual preference in the first year. The following specialized courses are offered in the respective streams:
For both the above streams, each student will have to choose one elective course, has to submit a dissertation and has to successfully complete an internship at the end of second-year.
Elective courses are offered depending on current industry needs, studentâ€™s requirement and their interests.
Dissertation and Internship
Each student is required to submit a dissertation involving primary research in his/her area of interest. The dissertation includes a critical review of literature of specific area of interest, data collection, and analysis on the selected problem. The dissertation must be completed in the second year to qualify for the degree.
- Any recognized bachelorâ€™s degree of minimum three-year duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT score
For candidates who do not have CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ scores but wish to apply for MBA in Hospital and Health Management, IIHMR University will conduct IIHMR-U MAT at IIHMR University Jaipur on the below dates-
GD-PI and IIHMR-U MAT Date- 5th (Wednesday) & 6th (Thursday), February 2020
Last date to apply : 15th January 2020
GD-PI and IIHMR-U MAT Date- 2nd (Monday) & 3rd (Tuesday), March 2020
Last date to apply : 25th February 2020
GD-PI and IIHMR-U MAT Date- 16th (Monday) & 17th (Tuesday), March 2020
Last date to apply : 8th March 2020
GD-PI and IIHMR-U MAT Date- 27th (Monday) & 28th (Tuesday) April 2020
Last date to apply : 15 April March 2020
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the bachelorâ€™s degree program or awaiting the result of the final year examination in 2020 may also apply.If selected, these candidates, will be given provisional admission. They will be required to produce evidence of their graduation within two months of the start of the session
- Working professionals with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
The eligible candidates will be invited for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in the qualifying examination, score in CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ IIHMR-U MAT, Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) as under:
|CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/GPAT/IIHMR-U MAT score||30*|
|Qualification (Graduation Marks)||20|
|Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities||05|
* More weightage will be given to national level entrance tests i.e. CAT/ XAT/ NMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/GPAT over IIHMR-U MAT at the sole discretion of the Admission committee
Candidates are required to bring their original documents at the time of GD/PI.
Submission of Application
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBA in Hospital and Health Management program may apply online or download the application form from our website: www.iihmr.edu.in
Duly completed application forms with all the supporting documents, may be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of "IIHMR University", payable at Jaipur and all the documents in support of eligibility.
An application will be considered only when it is received with all required documents and the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.