As the program has set high standards of management education in the pharmaceutical management sector, it has attained the status of a premier program in the country. Our students go for training and placement to a large number of pharmaceutical organizations.
Objectives of the Program
The broad objective of the program is to build knowledge and skills to perform as effective professionals in pharmaceutical sector. The syllabus and course contents are designed to meet the needs of fresh graduates and mid-career professionals.
The major objectives of the program are:
- To understand concepts and techniques of modern management and their application in making the managerial roles of the student efficient and effective.
- To develop skills of analyzing, diagnosing and solving operational problems in the delivery of pharmaceutical services.
- To learn the application of qualitative and quantitative analytical tools as applicable to pharmaceutical industry.
- To understand and appreciate methodologies with focus on strategic responsibility for overall business development skills for pharmaceutical industry.
- To enlarge the outlook and vision of students about the larger background and context of pharmaceutical management.
On successfully completing the program the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of pharma management to solve complex corporate problems using optimum resources.
- Function effectively as an individual, and-as a member on leader in diverse terms, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in their role as a manager.
- Apply appropriate business strategies for effective planning, implementation and evaluation of policies in pharma sector.
Structure of the Program (Duration: Two years)
MBA Pharmaceutical Management is a two year program. All the introductory and core courses are common to all the streams.The second year is for specialized courses relevant to that stream. The course design is as under.
The Introductory Courses are non-credit courses
- Essentials of Computers and Information Technology
- Human Process Lab(HPL)
- Written and Verbal Communication
Core Courses: Term 1 and Term 2
- Principles of Management
- Organization Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management - 1
- Research Methods
- National and International Environment for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Essentials of Pharmaco-epidemiology
- Regulatory Environment for Pharma Business
- Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Managerial Economics
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Medical Pharmacology
- Intellectual Property Right
- Social Media Marketing
Each student works with an organization, on a project for a period of a minimum of eight weeks at the end of the first year. The objective is to allow students an intense day-to-day interaction with organizations. Summer Training provides exposure to the student to the working of an origination in the real time. It also helps students to develop managerial skills, competencies and facilitate an informed career choice by the students. At the end of summer training, they will be assessed based on their performance during the period by way of report and poster presentation.
Core Courses: Term-3 and Term-4
- Strategic Management
- Management Information System
- Operations Research
- Project and Entrepreneurship Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Pharmaceutical International Business Management
- Pharmaceutical Production Management
- Market Research
- Total Quality Management
- Product and Brand Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Clinical Research and Development
- Consumer Behavior
- Financial Management - 2
- Data Management and Analysis
Elective Courses (Subject to Change)
Electives are offered depending on current industry needs, students' requirements and their interest.
Dissertation and Internship
Each student is required to submit a dissertation involving personal research in his/her area of interest. The dissertation includes a critical review of literature pertaining to the specific area of interest, data collection and analysis on the selected problem. The dissertation must be completed in the second year to qualify for the degree.
- Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three-year duration with at least 50% marks in aggregate. (Pharmacy/ Science/ Biotechnology/ Management/Medicine)
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/GPAT/IIHMR-U MAT score.
For candidates who do not have CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/GPAT scores but wish to apply for MBA Pharmaceutical Management, IIHMR University will conduct IIHMR-U MAT at IIHMR University Jaipur on the below dates-
- March 01, 2019
- March 29, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- May 11, 2019
- June 11, 2019
- June 28, 2019
- GD/PI for qualified candidates will be conducted on the same day.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of the bachelor’s degree program or awaiting results of their final year examination in 2019 may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be given provisional admission. They will be required to produce evidence of their graduation within two months of the start of the session
- Working professionals with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
The eligible candidates will be invited for Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interview (PI). Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in the qualifying examination, score in CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/GPAT/IIHMR-U MAT, Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) as under: -
|CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/XAT/GMAT/GPAT/ IIHMR-U MAT||25|
|Qualification (Graduation Marks)||20|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP)||10|
|Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities||05|
|Two Letters of Recommendation (LOR)||05|
Candidates are required to bring their original documents at the time of GD/PI.
Submission of Application
Candidates aspiring for admission to MBA Pharmaceutical Management program may apply online or download the application form from our website: www.iihmr.edu.in
Duly completed application forms with all supporting documents may be sent by post along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of ’IIHMR University’, payable at Jaipur and all the documents in support of eligibility.
An application will be considered only when it is received with all documents and the application fee. The application fee is non-refundable.